Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Beijing Unveils 'Watercube' Swimming Venue for 2008 Olympics

A new structure has been built for the 2008 Olympics in Beijing. It's called 'The Watercube'. It was made so that it looked as if it were a cube covered in bubblewrap and is to be used for a shopping area as well as an area for tennis courts, retail outlets, nightclubs, and restaurants. But this is planned for after the Olympics. Until then, it is to be used for the sports in the Olympics. To build the structure cost from $150 million to $200 million. 17,000 seats are currently installed and are to be used for all 42 events of the Olympics.
I think that's really cool. I wish I could go to the the Olympics. I bet the Watercube is a really cool thing to see. That's probably the only reason I'd go to the Olympics. I'm not really interested in the sports they have there.

No comments: